Saturday, October 23, 2010

Work, Work, Work

So after my two day work week last week, it was wierd to actually be in school this week for my usual four days. (So hard, right?) I still can't believe that I actually get to live in Spain for the exchange of 16 hours in the classroom per week. To me, it's not even work because I absolutely love what I do. I would say the hardest part of my job is just not being able to speak Spanish to the kids that I teach. Their teachers told them that we know no Spanish whatsoever, so we must always always always speak English to the kids.

So on Wednesday of this week, one of my teachers had called in sick. I had four 45 minute classes with two different set of kids, so their was a sub for each class, but I ended up teaching all by myself! The sub was there because officially, I'm not allowed to be in the class by myself. At first I was super nervous, but by the second of the four classes, I was glad I had the opportunity to teach all by myself.

Even though I have such a lax schedule with my school job, every afternoon (M-F), I play and work with my kids from home. Since I've been here for over a month now, the three of them are really used to me and I am to them as well. But at the end of the week, I'm soo tired! Thank goodness I have Fridays off from school to just relax and get things done. Speaking of which: I FINALLY opened a bank account! I have been trying to do this since I got here, but every bank I've been to wouldn't let me because I still don't have my residency card.

So this weekend, I yet again went out like a Madrilena. I left my house a little after midnight and then caught the first metro back at 6am. I went bar hopping from one end of town to the other, without even realizing it! Every time we left one bar, we would just walk, stumble upon some other bar and before the night was over, we were right in the center of the city. It was a lot of fun, meeting random Spanish and international people who always want to practice their English with us. I didn't get home till about 6:45 so I slept pretty good today. =)

Tomorrow's Sunday, so I'll be somewhere watching soccer. I love that no more than 2 or 3 days go by without there being soccer. Between all the leagues (Champions League, Spanish League, La Copa del Rey, Europa League) I always have something to watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment